8.01.2006

'til i'm 49 . . .

it's almost like it was a magic number, although i suppose it was randomly chosen. i was much too young to know. 49? why not 39 or 59 or 99 for that matter? that's the actual phrase too, "'til i'm 49". as far back as i can remember that was the answer to the question my mother would always ask me; "how long will you be mine?" even after i was grown and in school, or even married with kids, she'd continue to ask me, "how long will you be mine?" and like Pavlov's dog, i would reply, "'til i'm 49".

well i now know for certain that 49 wasn't magic at all. sometime early this morning while i was sleeping, 49 wrapped itself around me.

49 has come and will soon be gone but there's one thing i know; 49, 59, 69, or 99. even long after you've forgotten me or have moved on to a better place . . . mom, i'm still yours!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home